Roasted Root Vegetables with Mascarpone Cream
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Adapted from “Vieux Legumes” by Keda Black and Sonia Lucano (Marabout)
- 2 pounds of root vegetables, peeled and sliced into 2-inch pieces (carrots, rutabagas, turnips, parsnips, potatoes)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- ½ cup of mascarpone
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F, and line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the veggies with the olive oil, a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper, and pop them into the oven. Let them roast 20 to 40 minutes, or until they’re cooked through and brown on the edges.
3. While the veggies are roasting, make the mascarpone cream: Whisk together the mascarpone, yogurt, lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve the root veggies warm, with mascarpone cream on the side.